Only 51 Tucker Torpedos were made.
In 1948, Preston Tucker decided post-war
America was ready for a new and
different kind of car. His innovative Tucker
48 automobile, better known as the
Tucker Torpedo, was unlike anything
seen before or since. Among many
innovations, it featured a central third
headlight, known as the Cyclops eye,
which turned with the steering wheel.
Only 51 cars were produced, and the
company soon went under. But today
the Tucker Torpedo is beloved by car
enthusiasts, and Preston Tucker is rightly
remembered as a visionary.